Here are the documents to supplement the Oct. 26th professional development activity.
- Create an AGOL map.
- Fabulous Interactive Maps.
- 5 mapping activities in 5 minutes AGO 5×5.
- Creating a StoryMap.
For AFTER the event:
- Guidance for using ArcGIS Online.
- Making a quick Story Map (More complete instructions from start to finish).
ANNOUNCEMENT OF EVENT
This computer lab-based professional development workshop is designed to train someone with LITTLE TO NO EXPERIENCE how to use free online mapping tools in a classroom setting. This is open to educators from all grade levels and subjects; one of the strands of the training will be on sustainable agriculture, locally grown (the theme of this year’s Envirothon). In this training participants will be able to:
- Get resources on the best available online maps for the classroom.
- Create online maps that can be used in the classroom.
- Prepare their students to create their own online maps.
The registration fee is $10 (pay at the door); with limited seating we ask that you reserve your spot by simply emailing an RSVP to email@example.com.
WHEN: October 26th, 2013 9am-12pm
WHERE: Rhode Island College, Alger Hall 101(see campus map).