Geography Awareness Week is right around the corner (Nov. 18-22)! The Theme is GEOGRAPHY AND THE NEW AGE OF EXPLORATION. Here are some resources that you can use in your own classroom, in your home or anywhere with eager geo-enthusiasts.
- Monday-Friday GAWeek Activities (2013).
- Teacher Parent Page for GAW 2013.
- Quiz Night–How to plan one.
- GIS Day Activity.
- Geo-Scavenger Hunt.
Here are some additional resources and worksheets that might be helpful.
- Geography Word Search.
- Trace and color Rhode Island.
- Road trip map.
- Design your own flag worksheet.
- Free rice lesson plans.
- 10 Ways to Give Your Student the World.
RIGEA hopes that you use Geography Awareness week to promote spatial thinking and global awareness (something we like to call geo-literacy) in the Ocean State. At Rhode Island College, there will be a GIS Day event on Wednesday, November 20th in Gaige Hall (10am-2pm).
See on rigea.org